What is true cinnamon?
Cinnamon is a widely used spice throughout cooking but many people might not be aware that they aren’t using the proper product. Indeed, “true cinnamon” is actually a lot rarer than you may think but the flavours are much richer. This form of cinnamon mostly comes from the Cinnamomum Zeylancium plant which is native to the mountains and rainforests of Sri Lanka and is known primarily for its health benefits.
Studies have shown that Ceylon cinnamon has properties that can help those with diabetes and high blood pressure. A lot of this is due to the low levels of coumarin - a natural blood thinner which can help reduce blood sugar levels when ingested in small amounts.
The Sri Lankan form of cinnamon is generally a tan brown colour and is much more fragile when preparing it or grounding it up into a powder. Unlike other types of cinnamon, it gives off a much sweeter aroma making it ideal for use in pastries or desserts.
Natural Pure Ceylon Cinnamon from Sri Lanka (Grade C5 to C4)
Uses of Cinnamon
- Spice up your cooking or decorate your favourite dish with Ceylon Cinnamon
- Stirring and spicing up you're a cup of Tea or Coffee with a Cinnamon stick
- Make Christmas ornaments with Cinnamon sticks
- Boil Ceylon Cinnamon in water to enjoy an exotic, pure Cinnamon drink, with absolutely no sugar required
- Add Ceylon Cinnamon to a bottle of Vodka & taste the natural refreshing taste of Cinnamon Vodka
- Add a Cinnamon Stick to the cleaning liquid and fill your home with the natural fragrance of Ceylon Cinnamon
Best before date
All our products have a long best before date. The exact dates would vary with the batch but the stock you receive will generally have a best before the date of 1 - 2 years away.
Item will be shipped 1-2 days by Australia Post after receiving the payment. Express Delivery available at extra cost. International delivery available at extra cost.
Items may be returned or exchanged in the original condition within 15 days of receipt.